POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My particle system is released : Re: My particle system is released Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My particle system is released
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 22 Oct 2002 07:48:20
Message: <3db53b04@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte wrote:
> Xplo Eristotle wrote:
>

>>If not, then you're a hypocrite, and you deserve to have your work
>>stolen from you and used without compensation, just as you have used
>>others' resources without compensation.
>
> That's a bit over the top, especially from someone who admits to
> pirating.

I don't see why. I'm not the one trying to sell software here. How am I
acting against my stated position? And I was trying to make a point.

As far as my usage of the word "hypocrite" to describe Rune being
excessive, I don't think so. All he has to do to not be a hypocrite in
my opinion is to either free his code or compensate anyone who helped
him develop it (directly or otherwise) as that would be only fair. If he
wishes to do neither of these, then I say: if the shoe fits, wear it.

-Xplo